|Posted by hilliardhighalumniassocinc on June 15, 2011 at 11:36 AM|
Meeting called to order on 12/18/2010 at 10:05 am by President Jackson
Praise Period conducted.
Notes from last meeting read and approved with a correction
Treasurer’s Report given and approved
• Treasurer requested al monies received by counted in his presence.
• Rexnord donated $250 to match the contribution given by Bobby Brown during the 2010 Reunion/Convention.
• Web Site maintenance costs were discussed.
• President Jackson polled the board on the association remaining a member for the Chamber of Commerce. APPROVED to continue the membership with the Chamber of Commerce.
THANKSGIVING BASKETS – Eva Marende and Devora Hebert
• 1 basket was given to Willie Bell Copeland.
• All monies and remaining canned goods were donated to the Women’s Crisis Center.
o Received a Thank You letter from Eugene Davis, Director of the Women’s Crisis Center in Bay City Tx.
o We were asked to help promote a “Chicken Fried Steak Dinner” fundraiser for the center. Advertisement flyer for this event was put on the HHAA website.
HANGING OF THE GREEN – Ruth Young
• Raised over $1,100 dollars
• Over 50 people attended the event
• No report given
HERITAGE BANQUET – Carolyn Flagg
• Scheduled for March 19, 2011, 6-9
• Speaker Kesha Moore, Houston ISD and Bay City High School Alumni 1988
• Tickets $10, will be available at 1/15/11 meeting
• Theme: “Overcoming Time and Distance” adopted from the theme – Time and distance makes the appearance of some task seem massive. APPROVED
• Location has been established:
o Service Center (Variety Show) July 1
o Best Western for the Reunion/Convention, July 2
• All committee leads will report to VP Bobby Brown
• Catering – Ruth Young
• Memorial Service (July 3), Ms. Ida B. Hawkins, VP Bobby Brown, Ronnie Reeves
• Scholarship – Pat Wiggins
• Souvenir Booklet – Lois Armelin
• Historical – Ruth Young
• Music for banquet and dance - Open
• Variety show – Dorothy Walton
Discussed designing a calendar to sale from the HHAA (July 2011 to July 2012)
A Calendar of Events was created (see attached)
Other items discussed:
• January membership drive: Bobby Brown will mail out letters the first week of January 2011.
• Pres. Jackson would like to explore ways to encourage young people (high school students) to participate in the association.
• Ms. Ida Hawkins requested the outside of the building be decorated for Christmas. Approved
• Maintenance on the marquee
• Replacement of the microwave
• Purchasing new tables and chairs
Meeting adjourned and lunch was served.