|Posted by hilliardhighalumniassocinc on June 15, 2011 at 11:42 AM|
Meeting called to order on 03/19/2011 at 10:15 am by President Jackson
Praise Period conducted.
Notes from last meeting read and approved
Treasurer’s Report given and approved:
Treasurer reported that association taxes will be filed by March 31, 2011.
The board approved the suggestion to clean out and move the file cabinets blocking the breaker boxes in the storage room.
• Committee Chairperson, Pat Wiggins, stated the scholarship application are ready and will be sent to the area schools next week. The deadline is April 15, 2011.
• The Heritage Banquet was a huge success. The Chairperson, Carolyn Sue Flagg and her committee did a superb job.
• Membership letters were sent out as well as being posted on the website.
• Youth Function is in the planning stage for June 2011.
• Convention Committees Reports:
• Variety Show Chairperson Dorothy Walton; the variety show will be held at the Bay City Service Center on Friday evening July 1, 2011.
• Convention location was secured and the Best Western offered a block of rooms for $55.00 each for the convention. The Hospitality Room was also secured for the banquet.
• Convention Dinner; the caterer has been secured and menu narrowed down. Menu and cost will be presented for approval at the next meeting.
• Souvenir Booklet will be coordinated by Lois Armelin. Deadline for business advertisements is set for June 2.
• Information is scheduled to be sent to conventioneers by April 30, 2011.
• Deadline for registration for convention is set for June 10, 2011.
Other convention business discussed:
• The decision to leave the convention cost the same as previous years was motioned and approved by the board.
• Election year. The candidates and the election process will be discussed at the April meeting.
Meeting was adjourned and refreshments were served.